Thursday, November 23, 2023

black noise

 



Crawley, Ashon T.. The Lonely Letters, Duke University Press, 2020.


 11/13/22

A man on the street asked if we were twins this morning. 

We said 'no' at the same time, in the same voice, fingers interlocked and grips tightening in unison.

We laughed, our reflections blurring together as we ducked into the cafe.

Last night we had a silent conversation with just our eyes, locked in the mirror. The understanding that passed between us was instant and sure.

I didn't think twice about it, it was easy and it made sense and it fit in with all the other instances that you've known what I am going to do before I do it. 

You have this power to see just into the future, just into my future, always offering me water before I am thirsty and finding my eyes with yours or my fingers with yours or my lips with yours when mine are starting to wonder about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May to June

 This is the second year in a row where May to June has been the most jarring, flip flop, 180 switch ever. Last year I was coming back from ...